Low Intensity Psychological Services
Low intensity psychological services are an evidence-based first option for people who:
- need help managing stress
- are experiencing a difficult event or transition (i.e. new parents, retirement, leaving school, new job, stressful life event)
- are experiencing minimal levels of distress but would not meet the criteria for a diagnosis of mental illness
- are experiencing mild levels of distress consistent with a diagnosis of mild depression and/or anxiety
Referring to low intensity services as a first option to support people experiencing minimal or mild anxiety and or depression can help:
- people access free or affordable mental health services (PHN-commissioned low intensity psychological services are free of charge for the person)
- people from escalating to more moderate and severe mental health conditions
- reduce waiting lists for more moderate to severe mental health services.
The Brisbane North PHN commissions the following low intensity services within the Brisbane North region:
Richmond Fellowship Queensland (RFQ) - New Access
Supports people to tackle day-to-day pressures and set practical goals. Six session coaching program designed by Beyond Blue.
https://www.rfq.com.au/newaccess/ ph: 1300 159 795 | e: email@example.com
Neami National Optimal Health Program
Self-development to build self efficacy - 8 week face to face group program.
www.neaminational.org.au 07 3205 6622 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
World Wellness Group - Problem Management Plus Program
For people who identify as culturally and linguistically diverse, to help people manage stress and adverse situations.
https://worldwellnessgroup.org.au/ 07 3333 2100 | email@example.com
Peach Tree Perinatal Wellness Sunshine Parenting Program
6 week face to face group program for mothers who have infants (aged between 0–12 months) experiencing mild postnatal depression and/or anxiety symptoms
www.peachtree.org.au 0410 648 239 | firstname.lastname@example.org