Low Intensity Psychological Services
Low intensity psychological services are an evidence-based first option for people who:
- need help managing stress
- are experiencing a difficult event or transition (i.e. new parents, retirement, leaving school, new job, stressful life event)
- are experiencing minimal levels of distress but would not meet the criteria for a diagnosis of mental illness
- are experiencing mild levels of distress consistent with a diagnosis of mild depression and/or anxiety
Referring to low intensity services as a first option to support people experiencing minimal or mild anxiety and or depression can help:
- people access free or affordable mental health services (PHN-commissioned low intensity psychological services are free of charge for the person)
- people from escalating to more moderate and severe mental health conditions
- reduce waiting lists for more moderate to severe mental health services.
The Brisbane North PHN has funded six free low intensity services within the Brisbane North region:
MIFQ NewAccess Program
beyondblue telephone coaching program - supports people tackle day-to-day pressures and set practical goals.
www.mifq.org.au/newaccess ph: 07 3358 4424 | e: email@example.com
Neami National Optimal Health Program
Self-development to build self efficacy - 8 week face to face group program.
www.neaminational.org.au 07 3205 6622 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Multicultural Development Association Problem Management Plus Program
For people who identify as culturally and linguistically diverse, to help people manage stress and adverse situations.
www.cultureinmind.org.au 07 3333 2100 | email@example.com
Hello Sunday Morning Daybreak Program
16 week phone app based program that supports people to reduce alcohol consumption and create healthier habits.
Peach Tree Perinatal Wellness Sunshine Parenting Program
6 week face to face group program for mothers who have infants (aged between 0–12 months) experiencing mild postnatal depression and/or anxiety symptoms
www.peachtree.org.au 0487 756 633 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Change Futures Caring for Residents of Aged Care
Well-being program for people living in aged care facilities.
www.changefutures.org.au 07 3857 0847 | email@example.com