Scholarships in Certificate IV Mental Health and Mental Health Peer Work
- Wed 18 May 2016
Call for Expressions of Interest:
North Brisbane PiR is currently funding a Peer Participation Project to regionally coordinate and collaborate to support the active involvement of people with a lived experience in the planning, implementation and evaluation of mental health services and supports in the Brisbane North region. A key component of this project is to develop a peer workforce and peer leaders in the region to support the mental health system.
This is a call for expressions of interest from people with a lived experience of mental illness who wish to gain national qualifications in this area (see attached for further information about the two qualifications). The scholarship will cover the course fees, valued at over $3,000. Participants (or their employer) must cover all other costs including travel. The courses are combined and participants will receive both qualifications on successful completion.
There are currently other existing subsidies available for people who do not hold any Certificate IV or higher qualifications and are currently employed in mental health services.
This EOI is aimed at people who do not meet the above requirement but are keen to pursue a career in mental health and/or mental health peer work. To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- have a lived experience of mental illness and personal recovery
- be a resident and/or working (paid or volunteering) in the Brisbane North PHN region (Brisbane north of the river and areas around Strathpine, Redcliffe, North Lakes, Caboolture, Deception Bay and Kilcoy)
- not already have the current qualifications
- Agree to be an active participant in the Peer Participation Project including attending Network meetings, sharing information about your learnings and involvement in future working groups related to the Project.
- Agree to commit to completing the course, including attending all monthly one day workshops (6-8 in total) and undertake 80 hours of relevant volunteering, work placement or employment linked to mental health.
If you are interested in applying please complete the attached EOI. A selection panel will review all applications. The Registered Training Organisation is Spectrum Training. The course is expected to commence in late June 2016 and be completed by December 2016.
Please see attached for application form.
Expression of Interest forms must be submitted by 9:00am Monday 30 May 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org faxed to 3630 7437 or posted to PO Box 929, North Lakes QLD 4509
For further information please contact - Paula Arro | Peer Participation Project Officer | PiR