MHLaw Qld – practical help for navigating legal and other issues related to mental health
- Wed 22 Jul 2020
MHLaw Qld is a one-stop directory where you will find comprehensive information and services that can help you navigate legal and other issues which impact people experiencing mental health issues in Queensland.
You can access information about:
- common legal issues, and local referrals to legal and other services
- answers to frequently asked questions by lawyers, mental health professionals and people experiencing mental health issues
- navigating issues under the Mental Health Act, including step-by-step flow charts
- mental health recovery and clinical practice guidelines
- understanding capacity and decision-making.
MHLaw Qld provides practical tools for legal and mental health professionals, as well as people living with a mental health condition and their supporters and decision-makers. On this site you can:
- search by topic and postcode for legal and other services in your local area who can assist
- find step-by-step flow charts which map answers to the Mental Health Act 2016 to questions such as:
- When can someone be treated with ECT? or
- How is ‘fitness for trial’ assessed?
- watch videos for supporting financial decisions to help people with cognitive disability and their supporters learn about rights and the responsibilities involved in supported decision-making.