Call for expression of interest for Peer/Consumer Trainers in the Brisbane and Gold Coast regions
- Wed 2 Mar 2016
Definition: A Peer/Consumer Trainer is a person who has a lived experience of mental illness and is passionate about supporting other consumers to find their voice within the mental health system.
Suitable Peer/Consumer Trainers are invited to apply for a casual paid role with Queensland Voice as a co-trainer or trainer, based upon experience. Co trainers and trainers will deliver workshops to consumers and services. These workshops aim to increase consumer participation and engagement. Queensland Voice is seeking two consumer trainers in the Brisbane and Gold Coast regions.
Queensland Voice for Mental Health are seeking people who:
- Feel confident working with groups
- Feel confident with public speaking
- Feel confident to use personal experiences to connect with others
- Have flexibility with their work hours and personal schedule
- Have the ability to travel within Queensland (may be via aeroplane or car)
- Can access and regularly respond to emails
An expression of interest to be a Peer/Consumer Trainer is sought across Queensland from people with a lived experience of mental illness, including people who have complex needs as a result of their lived experience. The successful applicant does not need professional experience in the mental health sector.
Access EOI flyer (pdf) HERE.
- Applicants can contact the project manager Monique van Zelm Felix via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3252 3999 for an information pack about these positions
- Applicants must prepare a two-page expression of interest explaining why they are interested in the position, what their relevant experiences are and very briefly how they meet the criteria listed above. Please do not send more than two pages.
- In addition to this, applicants may attach a resume to the application