Springboard Day Program for Alcohol & Other Drugs
Located in Spring Hill, Springboard is a free six-week day treatment program for people aged 18+ years who are experiencing difficulties with alcohol and other drugs, and co-occurring mental health problems. The program runs three days per week (Tues, Wed and Thurs) from 9am to 3pm.
- Event Registration
- Event Date
- Tue 23 Jul 2019
- 9am-3pm, Tues-Thurs
- 6 weeks
- Spring Hill
Springboard is a group learning program that can be divided into the following sessions:
• Wise Choices is an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) based group, developed by Spectrum, Victoria. The program aims to build your resilience by changing how you relate to your own thoughts, feelings and experiences. With a strong focus on mindfulness skills and personal values, these sessions will support you to reduce suffering and move towards a rich full and meaningful life.
• Relapse Prevention groups are informed by existing evidence based programs and resources. These sessions focus on specific skills that will help you identify, avoid and navigate situations that may otherwise lead to problematic alcohol and other drug use.
• Physical health: Springboard includes twice weekly gym sessions with a personal trainer at Lang Park PCYC. Research indicates regular physical activity supports both physical and mental health. The program also contains three group sessions working with a dietitian and three introductory yoga sessions with an experienced facilitator.
• Psycho-Social Development: These stand-alone sessions can help you improve other areas of your life such as getting a good night’s sleep, or building and maintaining healthier relationships with others as well as yourself.
• Recovery Planning sessions will help you to form a healthy routine and take action on the things that matter.
Eligibility: Springboard program is available to people aged 18+ who reside in Metro North or South Brisbane Hospital and Health Service catchment areas and have completed a supervised detox, or are stabilised on an opiate replacement therapy. We understand that there are many pathways to recovery, so people who have not undertaken a supervised detox should contact staff to discuss their individual circumstances. For more information on the program and eligibility criteria, please contact: (07) 3308 4513 or email@example.com
- Co-facilitated by Communify Staff
- Communify Qld
- People with a Lived Experience/Consumers