Breakthrough for Families Webinar Sessions
Families can access FREE support through attending information sessions or individual counselling (online and phone counselling available).
CHECK ATTACHED FLYER FOR SPECIFIC TIMES AND BOOKING DETAILS
Face to Face counselling will resume in the future.
Lives Lived Well will be delivering free public Information Webinars across Queensland in the coming weeks.
We will be running two separate sessions to cover the content of our usual Community Family Information Sessions.
Part One - Communication: (Runs Mondays and Thursdays)
• Topics include:
o Physical and mental effects of substance use
o Brief history of substance use in society
o Why people use substances
o Overview of methamphetamines (ice)
Part Two - Family Strategies (Runs Tuesdays and Fridays)
• Topics include:
o How to set workable boundaries
o Stages of Change for Families (loss and grief)
o Where to go for more help
o What are treatment options?
- Event Date
- Tue 16 Jun 2020
- Recurring Event
- Recurring Event End Date
- Fri 3 Jul 2020
- Various Times
- 1.5 hours
Concerned about a family member's drug or alcohol use?
Want to play a more supportive role?
Breakthrough For Families empowers families to make positive changes through information, education and support. This free Information Session will cover topics such as:
* Understanding substance use and its impacts, including facts about methamphetamines (ice)
* Strategies and practical plans to talk about substance use as a family, support your loved one, reduce harm and care for yourself
* Connection to individual counselling and find out about other supports in the community
All family members welcome. Refreshments will be provided.
For more information please contact:
* Katie: 0439 774 558 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ruth: 0437 932 550 or email@example.com
- Breakthrough Family Counsellors
- Lives Lived Well
- Carers/Family Members, General Public, People with a Lived Experience/Consumers, Work Force
- Additional File 1