Hospital & Community Care
Metro North Mental Health (MNMH) provides inpatient, hospital-based and community mental health and alcohol and drug services to those within the Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS) area.
Mental health services are provided across the age spectrum from perinatal, child and adolescent, adult, older persons and a range of specialist services including consultation liaison, forensic, addiction, eating disorders and community mental health, including an inner city homeless team. The service supports the recovery of people with mental illness through the provision of recovery focused services and consumer and carer services in collaboration with primary and private health providers and our Non-Government partners.
Mental health services in the Metro North area also include Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS). ADS provide evidence based treatments including opioid maintenance, substance withdrawal management and counselling. Queensland-wide consultation/ liaison, information, education, training and research are also provided.
Mental health services are provided with a recovery-oriented approach that is person-centred, strengths based, collaborative and empowering. There is an emphasis on consumer choice, building resilience and enhancing opportunities for social inclusion. Each component of the service operates on the premise that consumers can, and do, recover from mental illness.
In the Metro North area, mental health services are provided through a number of campuses. Campuses include inpatient units at hospitals and community clinics located as follows:
- The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) Mental Health Service campus
- The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) Mental Health Service campus
- The Caboolture Hospital Mental Health Service campus
- Community Mental Health services based at Fortitude Valley, Herston, Rosemount, Chermside, Pine Rivers, Nundah, Caboolture and Redcliffe with outreach services to Kilcoy.
- Alcohol and Drug community clinic hubs at Biala City Community Health Centre, Chermside and Caboolture
- State-wide inpatient Alcohol and Drug Service at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital campus
- Community Child and Youth Mental Health Services are provided in Caboolture (for the Redcliffe and Caboolture catchment areas) and at Keperra, Nundah and Strathpine (for the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the Prince Charles Hospital catchment areas).
Access to mental health services in the Metro North area is via a single entry point within each local catchment area, being the Acute Care Team (ACT). Further information on how to access any of the three MNMH Acute Care Teams is provided here.
Click on the tiles below to find out more about the various services of Metro North Mental Health.